Our Client is urgently looking for a Corporate Security Manager who is going to identify, develop, implement, and manage the Company’s security programs according to the Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct security audits.
- Stay abreast of and implement the latest developments in Security field.
- Ensure proper administration of security vetting applications •
- Identify, develop, implement, and manage internal security policies and procedures based on MISS
- Incident Prevention by identifying and understanding the nature of security risks in the environment and implement controls to mitigate those risks
- Protect the company’s integrity, people, processes, core business information, reputation and assets from harm and loss.
- Incident response, management, and recovery by managing and coordinating efforts to restore critical systems in case of attack or catastrophe.
- Manage the manning of the access control.
- Fulfil duties as the Chairperson of the Security Committee in line with its Terms of Reference
- Development of annual budget, control of expenditure, and implementation of control procedures.
- Give specialist advice to the Director and Executive Corporate Services on all security related matters.
- Prepare reports on all security related matters.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Motivates the team to achieve organisational goals.
- Develop and train team members by delegating tasks to them that will maximise their potential.
- Drive Human Capital Management Systems inter alia performance management, behaviour management, culture enhancement campaigns, disciplinary processes, etc
Conduct Oversight and Enforcement
- Manage security surveys and audits.
- Classify findings and analyse trends.
- Ensure findings are reported timeously.
- Ensure corrective actions are taken to address threats and risks.
Security Awareness and Training
- Develop and implement security related training to promote awareness of security matters prevalent to the company.
- Provide security briefings to staff when required.
- The development and administration of training plans, programme and exercises.
- Develop performance measures of the outsourced security responsibilities (Physical security).
- Develop and manage the implementation of the security contract and the Service Level Agreement for the outsourced security services .
- Responsible for ensuring that the company is prepared for the possibility of attack, catastrophic event, or related significant security incident e.g., bomb threats, hostage situation or security related threats, etc.
- Regular periodic review and evaluation of organizational readiness in the event of an attack.
- Information Gathering and Risk Assessment for all security related events that can adversely affect company’s profitability, security and safety.
Public relations, government relations and coordination
- Closely coordinate with those responsible for public relations and communications directed at the public to provide security services as required for events
- Ensure security protocols are followed in media interviews for the company.
- Liaise with Government Security Council for assistance and guidance when and as needed.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- National Diploma in Security Management or an equivalent qualification from the college of Law (NQF 6)
- Ideal Qualification: BTech Degree in Security Risk Management or an equivalent from the college of Law (NQF 7)
- 3 – 5 Year(s) Security Management
- 5 – 7 Year(s) Physical Security
- 2-5 Year(s) MISS Implementation
- 0-3 Years Management experience will be an advantage