Closing Date: 2022/06/03
Reference Number: TSE220527-1
Job Title:Cleaning Supervisor
Business Unit / Division: Tsebo Cleaning and Hygiene Solutions
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location – Town / City: Johannesburg
Location – Province: Gauteng
Location – Country: South Africa
As a leading African Integrated Workplace Management Solutions Provider with over 50-years of experience, operations in 25 countries and over 32 000 employees, Tsebo Solutions Group offers clients reduced costs, risk and complexities together with increased quality, efficiency and productivity. Our expertise across sectors has informed our agility and ability to evolve, problem solve and innovate to better support our clients’ success.
At its core, Workplace Management Solutions is a holistic approach to an industry of people taking care of people. The health, safety and wellbeing of our clients, employees and communities is our number one priority. Developing our people – the heart of Tsebo – is the foundation of our purpose. The result is a knowledgeable workforce that is in touch with every nuance of our clients’ needs.
We specialise in Catering, Facilities Management, Cleaning and Hygiene, Pest Control, Protection, Energy, Procurement, Workspace Design, Engineering, Remote Camps, and more. Beneath our strategic efforts lies a robust dedication to sustainable development and equal opportunity employment, which has seen Tsebo emerge as a progressive African corporate entity.
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to supervise and control of all cleaning outlets to the required standards within agreed budgetary limits and to provide effective leadership for all staff within the unit.
• Maintain personal health, hygiene and professional appearance
• Maintain the cleaning programme and use initiative on when to be flexible regarding staffing
• Ensure Tsebo standards, policies and procedures are maintained. (Incl. chemicals, work procedures, uniform, professional approach, hand washing methods etc.)
• Ensure correct product obtained by following correct processes
• Do daily checks and follow-ups
• Report maintenance and safety concerns to the manager on a day to day bases
Skills and Competencies
• Minimum 2-3 years Supervisory experience preferably in the cleaning industry
• Must have experience in healthcare and safety standards
• People Management Skills
• Able to work independently and under pressure
• Able to work long hours, after hours and some weekends
• Ability to communicate, motivate, develop and coach staff at all levels