SHORT-TERM CONTRACT POSITION
(12 Months contract)
DEPARTMENT: Community Development
BRANCH: Library and Information Services
DESIGNATION: Librarian Trainee
REMUNERATION: R22 993,05 (basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Library and Information Services: Various Regions A – G
• Tertiary four-year degree in Library and Information Science (NQF level 7);
• Qualified candidate with little or no library experience will be given preference;
Render a people-oriented, efficient and cost-effective Library and Information Service
to the public.
Key Performance Areas:
• Render and supervise routine library operations;
• See that communications needed to operate effectively are taking place;
• Manage and control financial matters concerning the day to day operations;
• Manage the staff matters under the control of the Librarian.
• Teamwork and Accountability;
• Ability to work under pressure.
• High level of confidentiality;
• Attention to detail;
• Sound judgement;
• Work independently and under pressure;
• Multi-skilled on a range of roles applicable to the position.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of
Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy
guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements.
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the
following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA: https://share.hsforms.com/19H4OJ2tdSFGOHfPH_QL3vQ469tl
Contact Person: Nonjabulo Sibiya
Tel No: (011) 407 7035/6553
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 25 MAY 2022
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received
within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was
unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you
are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used
for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.