Closing Date: 2022/05/27
Reference Number: ETH220510-5
Job Number: 73000980-1
Job Titl: eDriver/Operator
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Fleet Management
Branch: Fleet Operations & Administration
Vacancy Group: City Fleet Unit
Reporting To: Senior Supervisor
Location – Town / City: Durban
Location – Province: KwaZulu-Natal
Location – Country: South Africa
- Performs driving and operator tasks/activities associated with the transportation of heavy plant,
- machinery and equipment to/from relevant work sites.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Performs specific tasks/activities at the Depot and worksite prior to and on completion of
allocated operational assignmen
ts.Completes internal transactional documentation (e.g. trip sheets, progress report, etc.) and
related forms (vehicle checklist, etc.).
Performs specific tasks associated with the operation of heavy specialized mechanical plant
(e.g. TLB, Front Pay Loader, Crane Truck, Tip Truck, Sprinter and Passenger busses during
Coordinates and controls the tasks/activities of driver/operator assistant and allocates and
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Valid motor vehicle drivers license (Code EC-14) with PDP.
- Hazchem DGP (Dangerous Goods and Passengers) training.
- Sludge Spillages training.
- Heavy Plant Operator Certificate.
- 12 Months relevant experience.
- Matric/Grade 12 plus relevant certificate accredited by SAQA.
- 18 Months relevant experience.
- Required to work in all weather conditions.
- Require to work outside normal working hours during emergencies, unplanned and planned
- Required to be on standby duties.
- Must be prepared to enter confined areas and work with dangerous substances.
Housing Subsidy: Yes
Medical Aid: Yes
Other Allowances: N/A
Pension Fund: Yes
Remuneration: R188 746.24/R245 011.95 PA
13th Cheque: Yes
Contact Name: HR FINANCE
Contact Telephone: 0313227305