Reference Number: PNP220509-1
Job Title: Trend Analyst/Designer
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Division / Region: Clothing
Location – Town / City: Kenilworth, Cape Town
Location – Province: Western Cape
Location – Country: South Africa
Job Advert Summary
This creative and challenging position has arisen within the Design and Trend area of the Pick n Pay Clothing Division. We are looking for a responsible, organised individual, who enjoys working in a team environment and independently. Use your enthusiasm, passion and flair for fashion to develop within a dynamic merchandise and design team.
- Relevant qualification in design. (Must)
- Proven design experience (Must)
- At least 3- 5 years as a Designer (Must)
- Knowledge of product development and researching new techniques for fabric and print application (Must)
- Computer literacy (a working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign required on apple Mac and PC, as well as internet navigation)
- Excellent flair for fashion & high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent artistic/creative flair
- High level of commitment and have the ability to work independently
- The ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Good organisation skills/methodical approach
Be a good team player and display assertiveness
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and interpret overseas fashion trends.
- Develop designs and ranges for the various customer target markets.
- Incorporate brand handwriting / personality into the ranges and be the trend custodian.
- Challenge the status quo and seek new methods in order to continuously improve product.
- Performing under pressure
- Service-oriented and market orientation.
- Customer centric
- The successesful incumbent must have good energy and willingness to learn. Competency based interview questions will be used to test a variety of skills needed.
Closing Date: 2022/05/23