Reference Number: PNP220506-4
Job Title: Media Buyer
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Division / Region: Marketing
Location – Town / City: Cape Town
Location – Province: Western Cape
Location – Country: South Africa
Job Advert Summary
The Media Buyer is responsible for the execution of the approved media plans set out by the Media Strategy. This role is responsible for the purchasing of all media and ensuring that the Company is billed accurately and timeously with the correct information and paperwork to avoid any delays within the process.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a media buyer or similar role.
- Keep up to date with the media landscape.
- Exceptional communication skills and very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to work well within a team.
Admin & filing management
- Maintain a professional relationship with media reps/owners
Duties & Responsibilities
- MEDIA: Check media schedules against rate cards and book with media owners
- Prepare material chase list and send to creative and production agencies
- Confirm key numbers and flighting codes with creative agency and send confirmation to media owners
Check and sign contracts for TV & radio
- Work closely with the planners BILLING: Provide the planner with buying reports by campaign
- Check billing pre-invoicing, action any discrepancies
- Balance to final media plans and monthly billings
- Team player
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Organised, methodical and structured
- Able to communicate on all levels
- Sense of urgency
Closing Date: 2022/05/22