|An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Registered Nurse. This is a Permanent position based at Bloemfontein Free State.|
|Collects blood and other specimens for clinical analysis, evaluation and/ or diagnostic purposes|
|Minimum Criteria Required:|
|0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience|
|Relevant Job Knowledge:|
|Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
Laboratory information systems
Medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields
Organisational policy procedures
Phlebotomy procedures and processes
|Key Performance Areas:|
|• Ensures that patients/ clients from whom a blood or other specimen (e.g. body fluids, tissue and excretion) is to be taken, are correctly identified and educated about the actual procedure and their rights, in compliance with relevant standard operating procedures.
• Draws blood and collects non-blood specimens from patients/ clients at various locations, using the correct and sterile equipment in a manner that will yield the best results. This may include the use of Point of Care (POC) biomedical instrumentation systems and rapid testing kits for pathology.
• Observes the physical condition of patients during blood taking and applies sound first aid practices in order to ensure the safety and comfort of patients/ clients.
• Ensures that bio-hazardous waste is disposed of in the correct manner to comply with relevant safety protocols and standard operating procedures.
• Keeps records of specimens collected and ensures that all patient details and clinical information is accurately recorded.
• Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turn around requirements.
• Monitors stock levels of all collection materials, including venesection “bleeding” bags, and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times.
• Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
• Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
• Assists pathologists with special procedures (e.g. bone marrows, fine needle aspirates, sweat tests, pap smears, etc.) when required and in compliance with relevant working instructions and standard operating procedures.
• Receiving cash from patients and ensuring banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
• Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
|Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
Ability to work in a pressured environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Adherence to company dress code
Attention To Detail
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
|Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.|
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
How To Apply?