Cash In Transit Driver
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a CIT driver based at our operations in Crown Mines.
Reporting to Tactical Support Officer, the CIT Driver is responsible for engaging in the guarding and handling of cash, valuables, securities and negotiable documents in transit between various areas, drives a vehicle in the performance of any or all of his duties
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities operations within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Maintain Vehicle standards and comply with company equipment and vehicle procedure
- Receives and signs for all equipment (Firearm, holster, lanyard, ammunition, identity card and vehicle keys) from Armory and returns all equipment at the end of the day
- Check that all equipment is in an effective working order
- Comply with procedures on Company uniform and protective equipment.
- Conduct vehicle audit with vehicle check-list before commencement of duty
- Report minor defects to artisan and report major defects to TSO before commencement of duty and record and maintain a vehicle log book for action.
Drive vehicles responsibly and recording of accidents and incidents
- Obtain scheduled route trip from the planner, no deviation allowed from planned route
- Drive in a responsible manner in order to portray a professional attitude and to obey safety rules and regulations
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring PDP license is valid and current
- Obey all traffic regulations
- Report all traffic incidents to the BSO
- Behave in a courteous manner towards any member of the public involved in the accident or incident to maintain a good company image. Do not make any admission of guilt, admin negligence or make any promise to have repairs done.
- Report in writing all relevant details pertaining to the accident in the branch
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Code 10 driver’s licence
- Grade 10
- CIT Certificate
- Grade C PSIRA
- Firearm Competency
- PDP Licence
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- knowledge of G4S policies and procedures
- Knowledge of concepts, theories and principles of Safety, Health, Risk, quality and environment
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations codes and by-laws in transportation
- Knowledge of G4S business ethics policy
- Prepare vehicle for transportation
- Operate a vehicle for transportation
- Complete vehicle inspection and accident /incident reports
- Economic driving skills
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs