Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Management of the maintenance process in area of responsibility to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of QCDSM.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Deliver products and service in accordance with customer requirements
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintenance of mining equipments
- Liaise with Service Provider using the equipment
- Fault finding in Diesel equipment
- Team work
- Training of Operators and Hired Labourers’
- Manage fleet of Diesel Machinery, Tractors, LHD’s
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. We actively encourage and welcome persons with disabilities to apply.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria
- Grade12/ N3 (with Maths, Science and Business English)
- NQF4 Diesel Mechanic Trade Test
- Valid driver’s license
- Flameproof Certificate
- Gas Testing Certificate
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Authentically and inclusively engages all stakeholders in developing business relevant solutions.
- A talent magnet. Proven ability to identify talent and further invest in talent.
- Continuously develop self
- Ambassador for living the Sasol Values
Closing Date: 31 March 2021
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs