External applications are invited from suitably qualified students who are interested in joining Rand Water to apply for gaining experiential training in the fields / disciplines of Analytical Chemistry and Microbiology in the Analytical Services Department within the Scientific Services Division at Vereeniging
In making the final selection, first preference will be given to:
- Applicants with a matric and have successfully completed the two years theoretical training as required for a National Diploma in Biotechnology / Microbiology or Chemistry.
- Applicants that are South African Citizens and have a valid SA ID Document.
- Applicants that are under the age of 30 (in line with the NSDS III).
- Applicants that have not participated in previous experiential learning programmes and require the experience to fulfill the requirements of a National Diploma in Biotechnology / Microbiology or Chemistry.
- Application must contain the following documents (incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letter from the Tertiary training institute verifying that the you must only complete the one year training in the workplace environment
- Certified copies of your ID Document
- Certified copies of your training record including the academic transcript
- Basic Principles of ISO 17025
- Collecting samples for water quality analysis.
- Preparation of media, chemicals, reagents and samples received, for the area of work.
- Performing analytical analysis on samples received.
- The documentation and checking of results on the identified databases.
- Performance of, and documentation of, all quality control checks of identified analytical tests.
- Undertaking and documentation of maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, biological cultures and test kits and ensure that they are correctly maintained.
- The adherence to SHE practices and good housekeeping principles in the area of work
- Good Laboratory practice
- Good Behaviour