PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A Packline Operator operates the packaging process, equipment and systems for a specific plant / unit within the Sasol environment to provide support to the Production environment to achieve production targets in an effective and safe manner.
- Do physical and uncomfortable work as stipulated in the job description.
- Be capable of lifting and moving 25 kg bags.
- Be capable to move ± 50 kg shrink wrap rolls and slip sheet rolls with assistance from other operators
- Loading and offloading tankers.
- Fill bags to the correct weight, weighing of the full bulk bags and transporting bulk bags.
- Stick printed label to bulk bag and ensure printer is working.
- Fill in batch card with the correct grade, batch number, quantities, weight of bags and what silo it comes from.
- Operate multiple packline streams and a shrink wrapper. Assisting with stretch-wrapping of bulk bags.
- Remove metal detected bags from packline and hand over to the laboratory.
- Check LP gas tank and electrical vaporizer levels and fill in log sheet
- Check dust extractor fan bins.
- Clean plant and machinery during shift.
- Perform grade changes.
- Driving a Forklift.
- Work shifts and do shift cover. It will also be required to work overtime (in accordance with legislation).
- Sample taking and analysis in plant lab and transport samples to lab.
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, this position requires a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 or full N3 (Must)
- Experience in a production environment (Must)
- Related exposure and experience as a Packline Operator would be an advantage.
- Drivers licence (Must)
Closing Date:21 July 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs