Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Process Relief Operator for the Pulp Warehouse for the purpose of the Relief Operator programme is to assist production in reducing overtime by providing leave/training relief.
This role reports into the Shift Supervisor
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Takes and hands over shift.
- Operate process/equipment according to best operating practices.
- Complete section specific interventions/initiatives as planned and agreed for all the identified positions for the specific section.
- Relieves operators and carries out all tasks prescribed for these positions.
- Assists the foreman/operating staff at breakdowns and in the supervision of staff when necessary.
- Ensure accurate reporting by recording all incidents in the shift log book.
- Reports all breakdowns, faulty equipment to Foreman.
- Attend progress meetings with the section training representative, line supervisor and/or mentor, coach and act on any remedial action and/or additional requirements.
- Participates in shift activities (5 why problem-solving etc).
- Understand the SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Conducts regular BBS Observations.
The ideal candidate should have:
- N3 Pulp & Paper/Matric with Maths & Physical Science
- Code 08 Driving Licence .
- Previous experience as a Forklift/ clamp truck driver will be advantageous.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs