These two Blaster positions are based in Limpopo – Mogalakwena. The two successful candidates will be expected to ensure that all the prescribed duties are carried out in preparation for a blast, performing the blast and concluding post-blasting tasks, in line with all statutory, legal and BME SHERQ requirements. They must have – Grade 12 ( with Maths) (E) Blasting Ticket (E) – Magazine Master certificate (D) Ms office ( Word, excel, E-mail), Valid Drivers License (Code 10), No Criminal Records.
- Grade 12 ( with Maths) (E)
- Blasting Ticket (E)
- Magazine Master certificate (D)
- Ms office ( Word, excel, E-mail)
- Code 10 Drivers License and competent in driving
- Ensure that the correct accessories necessary to carry out the blasting assignment are drawn from the magazine once the blast design / accessory order is received where applicable.
- Ensure that inspections of the vehicle are completed and that the pre-use checklist filled in prior to the use of the accessory transport vehicle
- Ensures that all the tasks necessary for preparing the blast are carried out in accordance with statutory/legal/BME requirements, including priming, pumping and stemming, timing design, as well as all the SHERQ requirements.
- Knowledge and making use of AXXIS system and equipment to execute the blast.
- Making sure that all dets primed are logged with the correct timing and fire the blast
- Approves the blasting after ensuring the safety of the area and that the all the required pre-blast procedures have been correctly carried out
- Ensures that the required inspections are made
- Responsible for declaring the area safe after the blast
- Ensures that the necessary administration and reporting are completed
- Supervises the work of Blasting Assistants and mixer-placer trucks
- Deals with unacceptable behaviour
- Escalates serious offences to Foreman
- Allocates relevant housekeeping tasks to the blasting team and ensures completion thereon.
Closing Date: 3o June 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs