Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
The position will be based at Kriel Colliery and the incumbent will report to the Site Manager
Customer support in terms of safety, breakdowns, coaching and to achieve lowest cost per ton.
- Maintenance/repairs on all Joy machines.
- Compile accurate and detailed maintenance, defect, inspection and investigation reports.
- Customer support in terms of safety, breakdowns, coaching and to achieve lowest cost per ton.
- Drive productivity improvement and quality work performance.
- Uphold safety standards and procedures with good housekeeping.
- Conduct frequent needs analysis within mine sections to identify gaps and opportunities for optimisation.
- Travel between shafts and Joy facilities for maintenance/repairs/inspections and investigations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with customers and to accept and adopt a competent, responsible attitude
- Effective negotiation and conflict handling skills
- Good report writing skills
- Must be willing to work shifts
Education / Qualification
- Qualified Electrician / Millwright with Grade 12/N3 qualification with at least 5 years’ underground experience.
- Flameproof and Gas Testing certificates
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Must be computer literate (MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong maintenance background with relevant Joy equipment knowledge
- AC Shuttle car, Fletcher RB with JNA II VFD / RIO II knowledge to provide technical support to the Customer
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs