- To facilitate the effective development of the Company’s mineral assets and related systems throughout their life cycle stages specifically focusing on the operations phase.
- To ensure effective metallurgical performance in process execution through process monitoring/analysis and development and/or implementation of improvement projects in a complex environment.
- To render process development services to operations aligned with applicable policies and standards.
- To lead cross-functional technical teams towards achieving a common goal.
- To develop and recommend metallurgical equipment and processing standards.
- To participate in target setting for process performance as well as medium to long term production planning and scheduling inputs.
- To ensure effective and efficient commissioning of plant processing changes and on boarding of new capacity.
- To contribute to development and implementation of an appropriate approach to knowledge management for process development in line with business needs.
- BEng Chemical Engineering (Essential/Minimum or)
- BEng Metallurgical Engineering (Essential/Minimum or)
- BSc Chemical Engineering (Essential/Minimum or)
- B Tech Metallurgy (Essential/Minimum)
- Management Development Programme (Essential/Minimum)
- BSc (Hons) Chemical Engineering (Recommended/Desirable)
- BEng (Hons) Metallurgical Engineering (Recommended/Desirable)
- B Degree (Hons) (Relevant) (Recommended/Desirable)
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will inter alia be responsible for the following:
Business Performance and Operations
- Develop and manage throughput and efficiency improvement plans and/or initiatives
- Identify new business opportunities to support business unit performance
- Investigate complex engineering problems and develop solutions for optimisation of engineering systems
- Render product technical and contractual support services to operations
- Establish and maintain process simulation models on a company approved modelling platform
- Plan and oversee blending of products to ensure customer specifications are met
- Develop and follow-up on project initiatives to add value to customers’ requirements
- Execute, manage, implement and co-ordinate coal process engineering activities to ensure optimum performance according to operational requirements, organisational objectives and sound engineering practice
- Communicate and obtain buy-in for implementation plans, new systems and processes
- Manage processing/product risks and opportunities in the investigations phase to support proper strategy development
Closing Date:23 June 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
HOW TO APPLY