What You Can Expect
- We work in a collegial way. As a Kearney Intern, you will receive full and ready access to our firm’s best talent to help you quickly achieve your full potential.
- We value collaboration. You will work alongside team members who will help you grow as you help our clients solve their most important issues.
- We promise immediate impact and growing advantage. That promise holds true for both you and our clients. You will be able to make an impact and develop your potential from day one within a professional environment and culture that actively fosters the following:
Personal development. At Kearney, we encourage you to be yourself and give you the freedom to contribute creatively while you also take the time to pursue your passions. The rich, diverse backgrounds of our consultants have a direct impact on what our teams accomplish every day—a dynamic that has defined our culture for nearly 90 years. Together, we work on stimulating projects that produce powerful, transformative results for clients, both now and in the long term.
Entrepreneurial approach. The Kearney internship program is an outstanding introduction to the discipline of management consulting. No two client engagements are alike, and we are committed to providing you with a hands-on experience that will have a positive impact on the rest of your career. Typical responsibilities include developing models, performing complex analyses, and working on research assignments both in the office and at client sites for a wide range of industries. You will benefit from our global scale and capability without compromising the speed and nimbleness afforded by our close-knit teams.
Supportive environment. Training is a crucial component of your introduction to the firm. As an intern, you will learn essential concepts and methodologies that are crucial to management consulting. Your will work with a mentor who will engage with your project manager and offer support and guidance throughout the program. As part of the Kearney South Africa Internship, you will be placed on the 1-year part time PDBA program at GIBS in Johannesburg.
What We Seek
There is no standard model for Kearney interns. We are looking for talented problem-solvers who are ready to integrate as full members of the client team. Interns are expected to contribute ideas, opinions, and new information. The following qualifications are preferred:
- A proven record of academic excellence with a bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- An innovative and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Natural self-direction, with the ability to operate in ambiguity and learn quickly
- Eagerness to collaborate, and help others grow professionally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in English language
Applications are open from 16 Jan – 21 Aug 2020. The internship will commence 15 January 2021 until 15 December 2021.
- Less than one-year formal experience
- 2nd Class upper – 1st Class Grades (Average of C+-A+)
- No more than 2 fails
- Previously disadvantaged
- 1-Page CV
- Cover letter
- Copy of ID or Passport
- All academic transcripts including senior certificate or equivalent.
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs