Responsible for implementing the Postbank Product Pricing Strategy in alignment with other business strategies,
and in particular the Product Development and Management strategy
Pricing Development and Management
• Support in developing pricing structure for products and services and in line with the Postbank Commercial
• Assist with determining price levels in the processes of new product development, product enhancement,
as well as interest rate pricing.
• Assist the Manager in conducting annual pricing reviews of Postbank products and services;
• Assist with continued analysis of product costs, fees and interest rates; Evaluation of the findings and
proposing the product price levels, fees and interest rates for implementation;
• Scope out opportunities based on market trends and industry conditions;
• Assisting in product enhancement and repositioning; and
• Support other business units i.e. Product Development and Management, Sales, and marketing to define
pricing structure for company products and services.
Product Research and Analysis
• Track and analyze prices of Postbank products and services as well as aligning these to those of the
• Perform industry competitor analysis on pricing of similar products and services;
• Identify ideal pricing structures and sales funnels; and
• Assist in data compilation for the purpose of creating reports reflecting metrics, objectives and barriers to
Minimum Requirements,Job requirements,Skills & Attributes
• BCom (Business Management or Economics) (NQF 7), Cost and Management Qualification or equivalent,
• Any further qualification in a financial related field will be an added advantage
• Basic research skills
• At least 3 years’ experience with financial environment in pricing and sales or business development.
Knowledge and understanding of:
• Postbank products and product development process will be an added advantage.
• Various pricing strategies and methods;
• Pivot tables, graphs, etc.
• Company policies, rules and regulations
• Strong knowledge about the industry including competitors and market trends
• Pricing function in relation to competitor pricing and sales/business development.
Skills and Attributes
• Ability to work in stressful environment; Organising and planning skills; Analytical thinking skills with a
logical approach; Excellent communication skills (verbal, writing); Computer literacy with high proficiency in
Excel (Also MS Word, , Power Point and Outlook); Ability to handle large data and accuracy in organizing
unstructured information; Conflict resolution skills, Attention to detail
• Business, Customer, Team and Quality Orientated; Energetic & positive, Performance/Goal driven;
Objective; Deadline driven; Proactive management style; and Persistent.
The South African Postbank SOC Limited is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity
and equity in employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability. In compliance with the
banks employment equity plans, first preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
If you wish to apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com. Please
indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for. To view the full position specification click on Careers.
Closing date: 17 June 2020
Position numbers: 60066630
Cost Centre: 55332
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
If you do not hear from the South African Postbank SOC Limited or its Agent within 3 months of this
advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The South African Postbank
SOC Limited reserves the right not to fill the positions or to re-advertise the positions at any time