Sappi Southern Africa
Mill Wide – Engineering Foreman Shifts (Grade 9 / HRL15)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a MILL WIDE – ENGINEERING SHIFT FOREMAN to supervise assigned skilled trades people and to coordinate the safe performance of maintenance tasks and related activities to ensure short term plant availability
This role reports into the Head of Maintenance – Services
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Coordinate the execution of breakdown maintenance tasks by evaluating resource availability and prioritise resources as per Mill priority list.
- Assess the equipment, materials and labour needed to complete large and or complex maintenance tasks for the purpose of ensuring that maintenance activities meet strict standards and resolve defined issues while reducing wasted resources.
- Manage by evaluate and initiate opportunity maintenance requirements as per procedure by assigning staff in resolving complex and/or difficult maintenance issues for the purpose of ensuring that Mill sections are in a safe and effective working and learning environment.
- Coordinates the services and activities of outside contractors as assigned for the purpose of ensuring that contracted work is completed in a safe, effective and timely.
- Perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance activities for the purpose of ensuring that maintenance issues are resolved, and projects are completed in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Prepares a shift report for the purpose of documenting activities and complying with Mill and or legal requirements
- Managing and plan skills development requirements by updating personal development plan according to the position profile
- Manage personnel performance through standard performance assessment procedure
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant NQF4 qualification (Maths and Science)
- Relevant Trade test Certificate in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ plant operations experience post passing the trade test within a heavy industrial environment
- Pulp and Paper industry experience will be advantageous
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs