Sappi Stanger Mill requires an Instrument Mechanician who will be responsible for installing, modifying, maintaining and repairing of process instrumentation and control system equipment to ensure optimum plant availability.
This role reports in to the: Instruments Foreman
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Preventative maintenance as per maintenance schedules.
- Fault finding, repairs and maintenance on Instrumentation / Control Systems.
- Calibration of all field instrumentation to ISO standards.
- Ensure damaged, ageing and redundant equipment is replaced / removed timeously.
- Assist in installation and commissioning of all new projects from field to DCS.
- Scope and plan works orders as required.
- Complete works orders.
- Adhere to all Engineering and Safety standards.
- Participate in root-cause failure analysis.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual plant inspections and report all defects.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric. Full Engineering N2 Certificate.
- Instrument Mechanician Trade Test Certificate.
- Up to 2 years post trade test experience in a heavy industry environment.
- Experience in the Pulp & Paper industry is advantageous.
- SAP experience is advantageous.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Excellent faultfinding and troubleshooting abilities.
- The ability to work under pressure while following all procedures and standards.
- Must be able to perform standby duties.
Closing Date: 05 June 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs