Sappi Stanger Mill requires a Boilermaker who will be responsible for welding and fabricating components including pipe work, structures and general steel work to ensure optimum plant availability and equipment effectiveness.
This role reports in to the: Mechanical Foreman
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Preventative maintenance as per maintenance schedules.
- Fabricate and weld components including pipe work, structures and general steel work according to engineering specifications and safety standards.
- Fabricate, weld and shape metal sheets and piping to maintain production machines
- Install, repair, maintain and upgrade mechanical systems and equipment.
- Ensure damaged, ageing and redundant equipment is replaced / removed timeously.
- Perform plant maintenance and remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules.
- Complete notifications and work orders on SAP.
- Adhere to all Engineering and Safety standards.
- Participate in root-cause failure analysis.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual plant inspections and report all defects.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping at all times.
- Read and interpret drawings for fabrication.
- Perform all types of welding according to Sappi standards.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric. Full Engineering N2 Certificate.
- Boilermaker Trade Test Certificate.
- Up to 2 years post trade test experience in a heavy industry environment.
- Experience in the Pulp & Paper industry is advantageous.
- SAP experience is advantageous.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- The ability to work under pressure while following all procedures and standards.
- Must be able to perform standby duties, and at times required to work overtime at short notice.
Closing Date: 05 June 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs