SECRETARY FOR DEFENCE (DIRECTOR-GENERAL)
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE REF NO: 17/20/01
R1 978 533 per annum (Level 16) (All-inclusive salary package) which consists of a basic salary, employer‘s contribution to the Government Employee Pension Fund and a non-pensionable allowance in terms of the applicable rules plus 10% non-pensionable HOD allowance.
- A senior Certificate, a junior degree and a Postgraduate Qualification (NQF 8) as recognised by SAQA.
- Must have 8-10 years proven experience at senior managerial level, at least 3 years of which must be within any organ of State, as defined in the Constitution, Act 108 of 1996.
- The successful candidate must have executive management experience with strong leadership capabilities and an extensive experience in strategic and managerial positions at an executive level.
- He/she must have an understanding of the functioning of government and the role of the Defence Secretariat as defined in the Constitution, Act 108 of 1996.
- The successful candidate must have an understanding of the Constitutional mandate of the Department, the relevant government policies and legislation impacting on the Department and its relationship with International,National, and other stakeholders. Knowledge of the government security sector,though not essential, would be advantageous.
Apply For Similar Post: Defence Force Opportunities
- Serve as the Accounting Officer and Head of the Department of Defence and its entities in accordance with all legislation, regulations and policy prescripts.
- Function as the principle departmental policy advisor to the Minister of Defence and Military Veterans (Minister) on defence policy matters.
- Support the Minister in the effective and efficient execute his/her constitutional responsibilities as the
Executive Authority for Defence, including that of exercising civil control over the Defence Force.
- Assist the Minister in providing strategic defence direction through strategic research and the development of defence policies and strategies for the defence and protection of South Africa.
Enquiries: Major General K.C. Motlhabane, Tel No: (012) 339-5200
Applications: To the Department of Defence, Human Resources Division (Chief Directorate HR Management), Private Bag X 976, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to Bank of Lisbon (Cnr Paul Kruger and Visagie Street) or email to:Katoki.Motlhabane@dod.mil.za
For Attetion: Ms K.B. Muregu
Apply For Related Post: Defence Force Vacancies
Applications must be submitted on form Z83 and should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, Identity Document (ID), a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and contactable referees (telephone numbers and email addresses must be clearly indicated) in order to be considered. Certified copies of qualifications should not be older than six (6) months. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Centre:ARMSCOR Building, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria
Closing Date: 29 May 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs