City of Johannesburg Internship. The City of Johannesburg is offering Administrative Assistant Internship Programme to applicants interested in working side by side with them during this pandemic time.
The City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality is a metropolitan municipality that manages the local governance of Johannesburg, South Africa. It is divided into several branches and departments in order to expedite services for the city.
Johannesburg is a divided city: the poor mostly live in the southern suburbs or on the peripheries of the far north, and the middle class live largely in the suburbs of the central and north. As of 2012, unemployment is near 25% and most young people are out of work. Around 20% of the city lives in abject poverty in informal settlements that lack proper roads, electricity, or any other kind of direct municipal service. Another 40% live in inadequate housing with insufficient municipal housing.
- Matric certificate or equivalent qualification registered at SAQA level 3
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Applications)
- Must be able to work extended hours and when required
- Work independently
- Work under pressure
- Accountable and be able to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Must form part of multidisciplinary team
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work with the group
- Coordination and problem solving skills
- Provide the administrative functionality of urgent and essential services to mitigate the COVID -19 pandemic
- Screening and Testing services across the City of Johannesburg including Municipal entities (MEs), which may include customer services, basic word processing and data entry
- Filing and organizing related work to support the SHE directorate
- Provide general office clerical work requiring some independent judgement.
- Coordinate the administrative dimension
- Control the workflow processes and output levels of work by providing administrative guidance
- Perform specific activities associated with providing support to line functions
Salary: R3 500 per month including benefits
Closing Date:28 May 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
How To Apply?
Interested applicants can contact Tebogo Seema at (011) 407 6929
An Application (form) Letter, Comprehensive CV and certified copy of ID must be hand delivered to 14th Floor, A Block, Short Side, Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
Source:City Of Johannesburg