Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a HYDRAULICS FITTER to assist plant Foreman and artisans to maintain the Mill lubrication and hydraulic systems and all auxiliary equipment pertaining to hydraulic systems.
This role reports into the Hydraulic Foreman
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assists the Mill Hydraulic Technician and plant personnel in the modification of hydraulic and lubrication systems.
- Assists the Mill Hydraulic Technician to commission new installations and where modifications have been done to existing systems.
- Repairs leaks and faulty hydraulic components on hydraulic and lubrication systems.
- Ensure that hose and fitting stock are replenish when new hoses are made up.
- In breakdown situations, repairs and tests hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders.
- On critical pieces of hydraulic/lubrication equipment, does weekly inspections on the system according to a detailed checklist. This also includes oil samples from the specific units.
- Manufacture flexible hydraulic hoses to the plant’s requirements.
- Maintains the hydraulic workshop in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Perform plant maintenance and remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts. Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Obtain quotes for spares and create PR’s as per SAP procedure
- Scope and plan work orders as required.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP.
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.
- Ensure that BOM will be updated with new installations.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisations policies, procedures and best operating practices.
- Participate in the investigation of SHEQ incidents on request and help to identify root causes for non-conformance. Correct any deviations that relate to hydraulic maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Obtain a valid work permit and ensure compliance to the safe work conditions.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions to the direct supervisor.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 and N3 in Engineering
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter or Millwright
- 3 Years in Hydraulics.
- Valid driver’s license EB
- Roll service experience will be advantageous
CLOSING DATE: 22 May 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs