The purpose of this job is to ensure the most accurate forecast to support the business targets. It has operations in South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Swaziland and Mozambique. This exciting career opportunity at Lactalis SA will enable you to apply your business acumen to ensure that the company achieves its challenging objectives during the next phase of its growth in South Africa. The available position is that of a Technician at the Bonnievale Plant, Lactalis SA.
- At least 2 years experiences in Plant maintenance in the engineering field.
- Sound knowledge of control instrumentation, weighing equipment, inkjet coders, VSD’s, PLC’s and SCADA systems.
- At least 2 years experiences on FMCG equipment.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able to work shifts, overtime, on weekends and public holidays.
- Willing to work in an extremely environment conditions.
- Not be afraid of heights.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance on all control and automation equipment.
- All instruments calibrated in according to ISO and HACCP standards.
- Instrumentation registers (logbooks) updated and calibrations done to set time intervals.
- Scheduled maintenance of weighing equipment, inkjet coders, and labellers in the plant.
- PLC and SCADA programming, fault finding and backups in place.
- Schedules of plant equipment and CCP’s up to date and recorded on the Pragma system.
- Uphold safety and quality standards at all times.
- Ensure that machinery is running at optimal efficiency and KPA targets are reached.
- Pro-active with attention to detail.
- Spares for breakdowns and ma