Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a MAINTENANCE MANAGER: PAPER to be accountable for the safe performance of cost-effective maintenance through strategic development and compliance to ensure long term plant availability and reliability.
This role reports into the Engineering Manager
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Participate in developing and executing the mill’s Maintenance Strategy and Improvement Strategy to ensure equipment availability, reliability and efficiency, as well as continuous improvement.
- Accountable for effective shut planning and execution.
- Accountable to identify, motivate and justify capital expenditure projects for new plant or machinery or upgrades of existing ones.
- Oversee the development of equipment and process specifications. Approve changes in the design of the plant.
- Accountable for contract negotiations for major engineering contracts. Determine when engineering services should be done internally and when it should be outsourced.
- Accountable for the identification and initiation of continuous improvement interventions.
- Responsible to ensure a high level of good housekeeping in the section at all time in line with 5S Standards.
- Accountable to ensure BBS observations are conducted according to mill objectives.
- Effectively direct maintenance, engineering and project team members in terms of performance management, talent management, goal alignment, career development and learning in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible in growing the young talent pipeline for future requirements through mentoring and coaching.
- Maintain effective industrial relations and practices.
- Compile and implement annual maintenance and fixed costs budgets and participate in long-term (5-year plan) financial business plans to execute the maintenance and improvement strategy.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 4 Year B Degree in Engineering, National Higher Diploma in Engineering or equivalent with Recognition of Previous Learning or experience
- Government Certificate of Competence (Factories)
- Relevant management qualification
- Registration as a professional engineer would be advantageous
- Relevant experience 8-10 years
- Pulp and Paper Industry experience advantageous
How to Apply?
Please click on one of the buttons below.
If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Closing Date: 30 April 2020