Sappi Saiccor Mill requires an Electrician to provide electrical services by fault finding, identifying repair and replacement needs, installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading electrical systems and equipment; and ensuring that tools and materials are available and maintained to ensure long term plant availability and reliability within the services plant.
This role reports to the Maintenance Superintendent
The main responsibilities of this job are :
- Install, test, connect, commission, maintain and modify electrical equipment, wiring andcontrol systems as required (PLC, drives and control equipment)
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Participate in failure analysis.
- Identify repairs required and recommend preventative maintenance to the foreman.
- Prepare status reports and activity logs as required.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Draw required spares from Stores using the SAP picking list.
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisation’s policies, procedures and bes operating practices.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Assist production personnel with isolation processes on request.
- Obtain a valid work permit and ensure compliance to the safe work conditions.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 with an N2 Engineering whilst an N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as an Electrician
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience with a focus on electrical fault finding in a heavy industrial environment would be advantageous
How to Apply?
Please click on one of the buttons below.
If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
Closing Date : 05 May 2020