Are you passionate about service excellence and helping people feel good? Are you confident to engage and communicate with our customers? We have an exciting opportunity in a Clicks’ store for a Shop Assistant / Cashier who will report to the Store Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in retail.
Purpose and Objectives
- To deliver service excellence through efficient customer service, point of sale (POS) operational activities and merchandising in store that leads to a positive customer experience.
- To efficiently execute all operational activities at the point of sale in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain high levels of accuracy when scanning merchandise and collecting payment for goods purchased, including actioning clubcard rewards.
- To ensure the safe handling of cash at all times.
- To proactively promote the Clicks’ clubcard and to enroll new clubcard members in order to achieve the clubcard participation targets.
- To make customers aware of promotions in order to positively affect sales and to ensure customers “feel good and pay less”.
- To deliver superior customer service by acting as a brand ambassador, being visible and offering a friendly and professional service.
- To efficiently execute and maintain all merchandising and general housekeeping duties according to store and visual merchandise standards.
- To ensure continuity of excellent service by focusing on own development and product knowledge and sharing product information with relief staff
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- To maintain updated knowledge on products, ranges, promotions and events in order to provide the correct information to customers at all times.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Essential: Grade 12
- Desirable: Maths 50% and English 50% at Grade 12 level
- Desirable: Relevant Retail/Business Management qualification
- Desirable: experience in a customer facing role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment
Skills, Abilities and Job Related Knowledge:
- Basic math’s calculations
- Retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Understanding of stock management procedures
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Numeracy skills
- Relating and networking
- Following instructions and procedures
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with people
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning and Organising
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Kindly note only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
How To Apply?
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs