Reporting to the Senior Manager: Business Analysis, Enterprise Architect and Process Management, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the design of artefacts that describe how the security controls, security countermeasures which are positioned, and they relate to overall IT Architecture. These controls serve the purpose to maintain the systems quality attributes, among them confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and assurance. These security-unique artefacts must interface with the business systems in a balanced and cost effective way, so as to maintain the security policies of the enterprise, yet not interfere with the systems operations and functions. The approach of the security architect considers not only the normal flow of the application, but also the abnormal flows, failure modes, and ways the systems and applications can be interrupted and fail. The Security Architect severs is to direct, align and govern enterprise security priorities through the provision of strategic decision support, security strategies, architecture patterns and blue print and appropriate controls that ensure that security is aligned with business risks and security policy.
Key Performance Areas
- Develop IT Security Solutions and standard.
- Lead the identification, measurement, control and minimization of security risks to information systems across a broad range of disciplines.
- Provide technical advice on access control, security models, disaster discovery, business continuity planning, and security awareness.
- Determine Security Architecture policy and standard definition and evolution and works with PMO to coordinate project pipeline management.
- Design and present Architecture concepts to various high level committee structures.
- Provide direction and management to ensure that enhancement and modifications to the system adhere to all Systems and Business Development Methodologies and Quality of Service Standards in order to deliver a quality enhancement that meets business requirements.
- Perform advisory service to business on solution building blocks.
- Manage and resolve risks.
- Administration management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma @NQF Level 7 related qualification BSC Computer Science or Information Technology qualification.
- TOGAF Certification or SABSA or CISP.
- ITIL certified will be an added advantage.
- Professional Project Management certificate will be an added advantage.
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in an ICT Security Architect role of which 2 years must have been on supervisory level or lead role.
- Minimum 2 years’ in experience Identity Access Management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Shared Account Management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Third Party Management.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership.
- Results orientation.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Brand and stakeholder orientation.
- Organisational resilience.
- Communication skills.
- Team orientation.
- Network and alliances.
- Talent management.
- Change management.
- Knowledge of relevant Information Technology governance standards and legislative framework (such as COBIT, ITIL, TOGAF, SDLC, ASAP, SOA).
- Strong technical expertise and proven solution design skills with breadth of knowledge across architecture disciplines.
- Exposure to standards (COBIT, ISO NIST, SANS etc)
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R911 075.00per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 14 April 2020
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades;email address isLebom.firstname.lastname@example.org OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB:Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within four weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful