A Field Service Engineer works within the Product Support Department which is responsible for the Aftermarket Support of Underground Soft Rock equipment, by providing the link between the field (Customers, Sales & Service Management, Smart Solutions) and internal customers (Product Management, Quality and Manufacturing).
The position will be based at either eMalahleni or Secunda and the incumbent will report to a Product Support Lead.
This link is aimed at driving Continuous Improvement of the company’s products by focusing on:
- Reliability & Maintainability
- Life Cycle Cost
- The Major Responsibilities of a Field Service Engineer will be executed by focusing on the following key aspects:
- Product Issue Resolution & Validation
- Monitor & Influence Equipment and Component Performance
- Direct Customer Support
- Engineering Support
- Service Development
- S4/N6 Electronics/Electrical, fully qualified Electrician / Millwright with Flameproof and Gas Testing certificates.
- Upwards of five years of practical mining experience is essential on the latest generation Joy equipment.
- A strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude with maintenance and troubleshooting experience on mining machinery is required.
- A high level of Joy product knowledge is essential.
- A good understanding of engineering design principles would be advantageous.
- Must be computer literate with a sound knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, SAP, Salesforce and Excel.
- Must have good communications and report wiring skills.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
- Continuous Learning
- Effective Relationships
- Critical Thinking
- Service Orientation
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
- Essential Job Functions
- Operational Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Technical / Functional Skills
- Zero Harm
How To Apply?
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.