Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2020 at one of the College campuses: Ann Latsky Nursing Campus Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing Campus. SG Lourens Nursing Campus. Bonalesedi Nursing Campus.
- Must be a South African citizen, who resides in the Gauteng Province in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates:
- A Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health (Level 4).
The following subject criteria are required:
Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and M score of 17 National Senior Certificate: English Level 4. Life Sciences Level 4. Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score). Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results “National Vocational Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language. Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care).
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to relate to people.
- Organisational ability.
- Leadership ability.
- Calmness during a crisis.
- Communication, numeracy and life skills.
- Computer literacy . Study skills. Honesty,
- Compassionate and caring.
NOTES: All short-listed candidates will undergo a compulsory assessment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo medical surveillance, including a medical examination and verification of all documentation.
How To Apply?
Candidates can apply via the following link: http://www.nursingintake.gpg.gov.za.
Applicants are required to scan and attach their Matric certificate/statement of Grade 12 results or final Grade 11 results, Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful candidates in the form of a bursary.
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
• Sign an agreement with the Department of Health . Attend lectures . Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in shifts which will include public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Gauteng Central Selection Centre, tel. (011) 644 8946.