To provide effective instrumentation maintenance in ensuring plant availability and stability to the Oxygen Plants. To be part of the instrumentation maintenance team with the responsibility of doing instrumentation maintenance. Assistance to the project group with commissioning actions. Responsible for doing fault-finding on instrumentation in the Oxygen environment.
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. We actively encourage and welcome persons with disabilities to apply.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
- Driver’s license
- National Senior Certificate (with English, Mathematics and Physical Science) / N3 (equivalent to Gr 12 / Matric)
- NQF 4
Minimum 2 Years Instrument maintenance experience
- Exposure to TDC, FSC, Experion, and Anti-surge systems (Moore Systems, Siemens S7, CCC)
- Instrument maintenance experience in a chemical/industrial environment preferred
- Experience on Petro-Chemical equipment would be an added advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Perform maintenance on different types of field equipment
- Knowledge of a variety of instrumentation
- Perform standby duties and work overtime as and when required
- Share and implement best practices
- Be self-driven and take ownership of related plants
- Be committed to job at hand
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Permit to work acceptance (As recipient/executor) where applicable
- Knowledge of measuring instruments and plant instrumentation
- Oxygen Plant experience
- Partnership Leadership
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders
- Establish and build relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes
- Build and establish core capabilities through partners and peers
- Required outputs
- Maintenance on instrument equipment
- Fault finding on equipment
- Prepared to work overtime when needed
- Prepared to do standby
- Good housekeeping
- Personal Development in trade
- Conduct instrument modifications / upgrades on existing instrument installations
- Conducting loop checks
- Conduct Technical inspections
- Ensure continuous equipment availability through effective maintenance and calibration of instrumentation equipment
- Ensure safety on area of responsibility
How To Apply?
Closing Date:27 March 2020
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.