Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
The Offshore department is a small team of very high calibre performing individuals. The main focus of this role is the administration of all Discovery Invest Offshore products. This entails all activities associated with the processing of Repurchases, Additions, Switches, New Business, Servicing changes, Reconciling accounts, as well as resolving all ‘telephonic’ and ‘email’ queries from all internal Discovery departments, as well as from clients, brokers, franchises and ’sales force’.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Joint ownership of Offshore production desk across all work streams
- Offshore monthly reporting responsibilities
- Offshore audit responsibilities
- Project initiatives
- Review all offshore market trade ‘buy’ and ‘sell’ instructions (investments, redemptions, payments, switch) for completeness and accuracy
- Assist new business clients facilitate their currency conversion from South African Rands into a foreign currency
- Ensure quality assurance standards are adhered to
- Calculating, checking and capturing the respective ‘prices’ to be applied on Compass, for all financial transactions on offshore ‘lump sum’ products .
- Developing and maintaining sound relationships with intermediaries, clients and fund managers
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Drives Results
- Values Driven
- Learns on the Fly
- Instils Trust
- People Savvy
- Problem Solver
- Numerical Accuracy
- Performs tasks expidiently
- Quality Orientation/Attention To Detail
- Planning and Organizing/ Work Management
- Customer service orientated
- Ability to deal with complex administrative issues
- Coping and dealing with pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree that is related to our industry of operation would be advantageous
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years administration of investment products, processes and administration in the LISP/ Financial Services Industry of which 2 years’ experience in Offshore LISP administration would be advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of Offshore products
- Computer literacy – MS Office suite with Excel at an intermediate to advanced level
How To Apply?
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post:
- Government Learnership
- Company Learnership
- Mining Learnership
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship Programs
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.