To develop your theoretical and practical skill set to support you in becoming a future Woolworths Foods Buyer
Buyers lead teams that source, develop and retail product in support of Category and Food Strategies, through effective supplier and profit management principles.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Retail experience is advantageous
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in the FMCG/Retail industry
- Excellent analytical and numerical ability
- In depth understanding and application of Woolworths’ quality standards
- Good computer literacy, with an above average grasp of all office applications,
- Have an understanding of supply chain operations i.e. Suppliers , DC, Stores and understands the supply chain concepts and values
- Planning and organisational ability
- Proven track record of achievement.
- Self-driven and motivated
- Strong integrator and communicator
- Ability to work in and lead a team.
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Ability to learn new skill sets
- Ability to deliver good results under stressful situations
- Business acumen, judgement and problem solving skills
- Contribute to the development of an integrated category/ department plan that delivers a product range that in turn delivers profitable growth.
- Give input to and implement departmental and supplier strategies
- Establish a commercially viable product range strategy and manage the implementation thereof
- Develop good working relationships with suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Review internal Woolworths’ performance data (sales, profit, market share, market size etc.) for the department and make comparisons against competition ito range, price, promotions and product development
- Identify and prioritise the key commercial strategies and accompanying quantifiable goals and KPI’s for the department in line with category operating plan
- Ensure internal and external colleagues understand and work to deliver the department category plan
- Review department performance versus Department Scorecards on a regular basis and inform key stakeholders
- Manage financial accountabilities; margins (including strategic buy-in opportunities in consultation with Merchandise Planning), incentives, settlement discounts, departmental charges, sample account, buyer losses, etc.
- Negotiate price, promotional price and new lines, taking into account price tiering / product positioning and financial targets
- Investigate and unlock cost savings throughout the value chain, including product development, manufacturing, supply chain, stores, etc.
- Integrate with Sales Management to draw up and implement Promotional Calendar. Plan and implement promotional strategies and ensure supplier delivery
- Establish category price position while applying an understanding of customer price perception, impacts on KVIs, and of competitor pricing
- Availability: Manage short and long term availability per category and per supplier
How To Apply?
Closing Date:18 March 2020