Petra Diamonds Apprenticeships Programme are now available. Applications are invited from technically minded persons who are interested to be trained in one of the following trades: Platter Welder, Fitter, Electrician, Diesel Mechanic, Mechanician and Rigger.
Successful candidates will need to commit to the four year training programme which will entail +/- 16-20 weeks per year training at an accredited Mining Qualifications Training Centre as determined by Cullinan Diamond Mine, varying periods within different working sections on surface and underground at Cullinan Diamond Mine and any other relevant training as determined by Cullinan Diamond Mine Training Section.
Petra Diamonds is committed to develop and expand South Africa’s skills base. To this end Petra provides an opportunity for South Africans to acquire qualifications and skills to develop a career in the mining industry and make a positive contribution to South Africa. Petra Diamonds purpose of unearthing the world’s most beautiful product as responsibly and efficiently as possible underpins its business model. In doing so, they will contribute to the sustainability of the industry and deliver long-term value to each of their stakeholders.
Petra has interests in four producing operations: three underground mines in South Africa (Finsch, Cullinan and Koffiefontein) and one open pit mine in Tanzania (Williamson). The Company also maintains an exploration programme in Botswana and South Africa, which is currently under review.
- An N2 certificate including the four relevant subjects of Maths, Engineering Science, Trade Theory and a fourth subject as required by the trade; or
- Relevant Engineering NCV Certificate with seven subjects at NQF Level 3; or
- Technical Grade 12 with Maths, Science, Language and related trade theory subject
- Ability to communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Grade 12
- Documented proof of practical experience in Engineering, for at least 6 months
- Enjoy working with your hands
- Self-motivated and committed to the Learnership
- Show initiative
Short listed candidates will be required to undergo the following prior to final selection:
- A technical aptitude evaluation.
- Certificate of fitness (red ticket) including a physical aptitude test.
- Psychometric assessment that may include a technical aptitude component.
- Panel interview
- Vienna Assessment
How To Apply?
Please submit a fully authorised Internal Application Form (available on SharePoint or from your HR Office), and forward together with your CV, SAPS certified qualifications and ID to: Sibusisiwe Gama, Human Resources Department, Private Bag x1015, Cullinan 1000 or Sibusisiwe.Gama@petradiamonds.com
Closing Date: 20 March 2020