Learn To Apply For RDP Housing?

March 15, 2020

Advice Information

What is the difference between RDP and Government Subsidised Housing?

Reconstruction and Development Programme (RDP) is a South African socio-economic policy implemented by the government of President Nelson Mandela in 1994.

The programme oversaw many major advances in dealing with South Africa’s most severe social problems:

  • Housing
  • Clean running water
  • Sanitation
  • Electricity

Subsidised Housing – is a programme that affords a beneficiary to acquire a house that is built and provided by the government through a government subsidy. These houses were commonly referred to as ‘RDP Houses’

Who qualifies for a Government House?

To qualify you must:

  • Be a South African citizen.
  • Be contractually capable.
  • Be married or habitually cohabit with a partner.
  • Be single and have financial dependants.
  • Earn less than R3500.01 per month per household.
  • Be a first time government subsidy recipient.
  • Be a first time home owner.
  • Single Military Veterans without financial dependant.
  • Single aged persons without financial dependant

 What are the essential documents that I must have to qualify?

  • Applicant and spouse’s Identity Documents
  • Birth certificates of children
  • Proof of income if working. (Salary Slip)

 Where can I apply for a Government Housing Subsidy?

  • Provincial Department of Human Settlements
  • Local Municipality

 Who can apply?

FLISP Applicants must meet the following qualifying criteria:

  • RSA citizens with a valid ID or permanent residents with valid permit
  • Over 18 years and competent to legal contract.
  • Never have been benefitted from Government Housing Scheme before.
  • Have an approval in principle of home loan from accredited South African banks.
  • First time home buyer, earning from R3501 to R15 000 per month.
  • FLISP is for residential properties in formal towns where transfer of ownership and registration of mortgage bond is recordable in the Deeds Office.

Important Documents

  • RSA Bar coded ID or Bar Coded permanent residence permit.
  • Birth certificates/RSA IDs of all financial dependents (where applicable).
  • Proof of foster children guardianship (where applicable).
  • Marriage certificates, civil union certificate or cohabiting affidavit (where applicable).
  • Divorce settlement (where applicable).
  • Proof of monthly income.
  • Home loan approval in principle/ Grant letter from an accredited Lender.
  • Agreement of sale for the residential property.
  • Building Contract and approved Building Plan (where applicable)

Get More Information Here

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!