The provision of labour as directed by supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimised cargo operation.
•Cleaning of operational equipment (such as ship to shore cranes’ windows; cranes’ cabins; etc.)
•Inspection of container condition
•Reefer monitoring operations
•Opening and Closing of rail wagons twist-locks
•Loading, off- loading and stacking of cargo in compliance of standard operating procedures.
•Hooking / unhooking
•Tarpin/untarping where applicable
•Place /remove dunnage
•Cleaning of operational areas, rail trucks, plant, workshops, offices, sheds and ablution facilities as instructed.
• Compete applicable documentation i.e accident reports.
• Identification of correct cargo handling equipment/ gear.
• Perform any other general worker duty as and when instructed by the business.
You May Also Like To View Related Coins Information Below
- Gold Coin Purchased From Public
- S.A Old Coins
- Mandela 90th Birthday Coin
- Place Where You Can Sell Mandela Coin
- Sell Mandela Coin On This Site [Bid or Buy]
- Grade 12/NQF 04 equivalent with minimum of 2 years as a port worker/general worker
- Knowledge Required:
- Terminal Layout
- Stack Positions
- Attention to detail
How To Apply?
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : DCT.Recruitment@transnet.net
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.