Monthly Salary: R7 839,32
Municipality City of Johannesburg General Workers. City of Johannesburg Municipality is offering General Workers positions to applicants interested being part of the Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality.
Johannesburg is a young city with an incredible history and legacy. The settlement sprang up in 1886 when prospectors found gold in the area now known as the Witwatersrand
The new city was named after two officials of the Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek (ZAR); Johannes Meyer and Johannes Rissik. Johannesburg grew rapidly and quickly transformed from a small settlement into a full-fledged city. It seemed like nothing could stop its growth, not even the Anglo-Boer war. In those tumultuous times, and beyond, Johannesburg has always been recognised as the golden beating heart of South Africa.
Through the years, Johannesburg has been the site of many iconic events. It was where the Springboks beat the All Blacks to take the Rugby World Cup in 1995, and, most recently, it was where South Africa showed the world that we can host an event as large as the FIFA Soccer World Cup with style and grace.
You May Also Apply For:
- Grade 8 / Abet level 1 qualification.
- 6 – 12 months relevant experience
- Must be physical & mentally fit.
- No criminal record
- Duly completed job Application form (Obtainable from the City’s Regional Offices).
- Certified valid South African Identity Document or Card
- Proof of Resident.
- Ability to use the prescribed position tools of trade (boom / litter picker / spade, rake etc.
- Team Player
- Weed removal
- Litter picking
- Street sweeping
- Removing of stickers and pamphlets from street furniture
- Poles and road signs
- Cleaning informal settlements assisting with clean-up campaigns
- Kleena Joburg events and all basic service delivery.
How To Apply?
Contact Person: Marinda Smit Tel No: (011) 203 3349
- Hand deliver to Teljoy Building 300 15th Road Randjespark, Midrand. Rabie Ridge Community Hall 3 Korhaan Street Rabie Ridge. Lord Khanyile Community Hall, Mathebula Street, Ivory Park. Diepsloot Youth Centre, 383 Ingonyama street Diepsloot (Region A)
Contact Person: Emma Palaki Tel No: (011) 718 9668
- Hand deliver to: 35 Symonds Road, Aca Krans Building, Auckland Park. Windsor East Recreation Centre, Cnr Viscount & George Avenue Windsor East. Danie Van Zyl Recreation Centre, Cnr Rex & Plantation Street Cleremont (Region B)
Contact Person: Nomasithandaze Mbelo Tel No: (011) 761 0407
- Hand deliver to: 3256 56TH Street Block 4 Thulani / Doornkop Hall. 7 Rex Street Roodepoort CBD – Roodepoort City Hall. Cosmo City Fire Station South Africa Drive/9 Taiwan Crescent Cosmo City (Region C)
Contact Person: Antoinette Mokoena Tel No:(011) 986 0138
- Hand deliver to: 1 Koma Road, UBC – Jabulani Civic Centre, Soweto. 1729 Talane Street Diepkloof Zone 1, Diepkloof office. 299/49 Kunene Street Protea North, Protea North Office. 47 Heckroodt Circle, Zone 2 Meadowlands office. 2943/50 Cnr. Modjadji and Mohlaka Street, Zone 2 Pimville Office (Region D)
Contact Person: Reuben Mawela Tel No: (011) 582 1559
- Hand deliver to: 137 Daisy Street, Sandton. 8th Avenue Clinic, Alexandra. Corner Springbok and Impala Road Eastbank Clinic Alexandra. Wendywood Centre Cnr Wendy and Bowling Street, Wendywood (Region E)
Contact Person: Violet Segoe Tel No: (011) 857 1085
- Hand deliver to: Orange Farm Multipurpose Centre, 15825 Ext 4, Link road, Orange Farm. Fine town Multipurpose Centre stand 2625 Cnr fine & Phillips street, Fine town. Lenasia Civic Centre, 5 Rose Ave, Ext 1, Lenasia. Don Mateman Hall, Eldorado Park. K43 Highway Road, Lenasia South East, Corobrick building (Region F)
Closing Date: 10 March 2020