SANParks Internship Opportunities. South African National Parks (SANParks) is the leading conservation authority in all national parks around this country, responsible for 3 751 113 hectares of protected land in 20 national parks. It draws its mandate from National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, 57 of 2003.
Applications are hereby invited from graduate who completed their tertiary qualification and wish to be placed at SANParks Internship programme for a duration of one year with a monthly stipend of R5000.00. SANParks is under no obligation to employ the Intern upon completion of the programme.
As a leading conservation authority, SANParks is a public entity under the jurisdiction of the Department of Environmental Affairs, where inclusive conservation as opposed to previous policies of exclusion, are central to advancing the policies in line with the National Development Framework for Sustainable Development and the national Development Plan. SANParks manages a system of 19 functional national parks in seven of the nine provinces of South Africa with a total area of just over 4 million hectares comprising 67% of the protected areas under state management. The SANParks of today is recognised as a world leader in conservation and protected area management. The National Environmental Management Protected Areas Act mandates SANParks to create destinations for nature-based tourism in a manner that is not harmful to the environment.
You May Also Apply For?
The following qualifications are required in Groenkloof National Park, Pretoria:
- Human Resource Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Accounting Sciences
- Information Technology with specialization in Network Security
- Supply Chain Management
- Public Relations/ Journalism/ Communications Sciences
To qualify for the internship programme, you must:
- Be an unemployed graduate under the age of 35
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Have successfully completed a tertiary qualification at a Tertiary Institution under the above- mentioned discipline/fields of study
- Must not have previously been employed nor participated in an Internship programme
How To Apply?
- Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must attach a recent copy of the CV, certified copies of: Matric/Grade 12 certificate, academic qualifications, and ID.
- All applications should clearly indicate the relevant Field of study.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the Internship outside their area of residence must be willing to find their own accommodation and transportation considering that they will be earning a stipend.
- Failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for assessment and selection interviews at a time, date and place as determined by SANParks
- It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- All appointments for internships are subject to verification and pre-screening process
- SANParks reserves the right to make an appointment
- Manual applications will not be accepted
- Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
ENQUIRIES: Kindly contact Nomawethu Dudumashe on (012) 426 5041
Closing Date: 12 March 2020
Apply For Latest Internship Programmes