Transnet is hiring General Worker to candidate who is interested in joining the Transnet Group. The candidate that will appointed successful for this General Worker will have to provide support service to technical staff regarding the maintenance repairs and new work services within the TNPA infrastructure, to ensure timeous completion of tasks and ensure well maintained infrastructure. Be responsible for the cleaning and housekeeping of the Sand Bypass and ensure a neat and clean environment all the time according to specifications.
Transnet is currently transitioning from its Market Demand Strategy, characterised by accelerated capital investment, towards the Transnet 4.0 Strategy, which is focused on repositioning Transnet, and the country’s freight system, for competitiveness within the fast changing, technology- driven context of the 4th industrial revolution. The strategy’s main growth thrusts includes; geographic expansion, product and service innovation and diversification and expansion of the scope of Transnet’s manufacturing business. The key objectives of Transnet’s effort is directed towards increasing the connectivity, density and capacity of the integrated port, rail and pipeline network.
- Grade 10 report /certificate
- 6 months relative experience
- Mentally fit
- Physically fit
- Alert and have excellent eyesight and good hearing.
Apply For Related Post: Transnet Vacancies
- Safety and risk conscious
- Passion for achieving results
- Personal drive and integrity
- Capability to cultivate productive working relationships
- Rule following
- Dependable and reliable
- Knowledge on basic mechanical and electrical engineering equipment, hand tools, materials.
- Knowledge on safety, first – aid and fire fighting.
- Safe working procedures.
- Communication skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Leadership skills
- Basic Computer skills
Apply For Similar Post: General Workers Posts
- General housekeeping and ensuring a neat and clean environment all the time, including landscaping as required.
- Break concrete using a hammer, chisel and jack hammer for pipes, electrical cables and ducts.
- Lifting, carrying, moving, loading, off-loading equipment, tools and materials.
- Rock removal and beach cleaning to prevent damage to pumps.
- Trench excavations, general excavations and backfill of material.
- High pressure cleaning, including marine growth removal, of the jetty, jetty pipes, jet pumps, sand bypass equipment, external and internal walls of the settling tank, and all other areas where high pressure cleaning is required.
- Clean drum screen and the inside of the settling tank.
- Apply corrosion protection to drum screen, in the settling tank, jetty pumps, pump components, GSPs, jetty pipelines, and all other components, equipment and areas where corrosion protection is required.
- Enter confined spaces namely caissons and settling tanks to remove marine growth.
- Maintain and clean work areas, equipment and tools.
- Paint bracket fittings, valves and electric motors, jetty pipes, and all other areas where painting is required.
- Assist with general work at other depots as and when required.
- Sand blast pump motors and brackets.
You May Also Like To Apply For Related Post: