The scarcity of talent in South Africa and globally make it essential for Sasol to ensure continuous availability of skills to sustain the growth. The Sasol Offers Scholarship Program for South African youth are a critical talent lever to enable them to meet the strategic and transformation talent objectives.
Sasol has established a reputation in the market as an employer of choice and has been voted Employer of Choice in the Chemicals and Energy sector, by graduates on the SAGEA employer survey for five consecutive years. To date Sasol has various programmes that enable the development of scholars and graduates.
The Sasol Scholarship program comprises a comprehensive package that covers both financial as well as developmental support throughout the study period. Scholarships awarded are for full-time university studies in engineering and science. Upon successful completion of the study period, students may be employed within the Sasol Group through the Graduate Development Programme.
You May Also Apply For?
- Correctional Service Vacancies
- Post Office Vacancies
- Heavy Duty Truck Drivers
- Artisan Posts
- Eskom Vacancies
The Sasol Scholarship Programme comprises of the following:
- Undergraduate Scholarships – For students wishing to pursue Bachelor degrees in Engineering or Science, this level includes honours degrees in our context.
- University of Technology Scholarships – For stuidents wishing to pursue diplomas or B Eng. Tech degrees at a University of Technology.
- Postgraduate Scholarships – For students either who are completing or have completed degrees, wishing to pursue a Master’s or Doctorate study in Science or Engineering.
Sasol Foundation Scholarship Programme:
- The Sasol Foundation offers all-inclusive Scholarships to talented individuals who are planning to study full-time towards an undergraduate or postgraduate Degree or Diploma to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and non-STEM careers. The Scholarship will be extended to students wishing to study towards health and social sciences professions, amongst others.
Sasol Graduate Development Programme:
- The Sasol Graduate Development Programme is a corporate initiative that ensures that all graduates in the different disciplines conform to a high level of uniform standards in terms of orientation, training, development and exposure to the business processes. This programme is exclusively for our Engineer/Scientist in Training candidates. Sasol offers graduates an intensive 36 month long development programme that is rated one of the best in South Africa.
Sasol Vacation Work:
- Sasol provides students the opportunity to obtain practical work experience related to their field of study, as required by the tertiary institution in order to complete the applicable degree. These opportunities are for vacation work that takes place from December to January each year.
Sasol YES Programme:
- The YES programme is a business-led collaboration with government. YES seeks to reduce youth unemployment across private and public sectors. The aim is to enable more youth to develop new skills and gain meaningful workplace experience, which will in turn significantly improve their chances of finding long-term employment. At Sasol, more than 400 previously unemployed youth have been provided with an opportunity to gain work experience through the Sasol YES programme.