Application are invited to apply to the Gauteng College Of Nursing towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2020 at one ofh the College campuses:
- Ann Latsky Nursing Campus
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing Campus
- SG Lourens Nursing Campus
- Bonalesed Nursing Campus
- Must be South African citizen.
- A Senior Certificate
- A National Senior Certificate or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health (Level 4)
- The following subject criteria are required Senior Certificate:-English HG D or SG C.Biology HG D or SG C,Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M of 17.Nation Senior Certificate:English Level 4,Life Sciences Level ,Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5,and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score).Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.National Vocational Certificate:50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language,Maths/Maths Literacy,Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System,Public Health,The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care).
Competencies And Attributes:
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to relate to people
- Leadership ability
- Study skills
- Computer literacy
How To Apply?
Notes:All short-listed candidates will go undergo a compulsary assessment.Successful applicants will be required to undergo medical surveillance,including a medical examination and verification of the document.Candidatecan apply via the following link:http://www.nursingintake.gpg.gov.za
Applicants are required to scan and attach their Grade 12 certificate/statement of Grade 12 results orfinal Grade 11 results.Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful candidates in the form of a Scholarship.
Successful Applicants will be required to:
- Sign an agreement with the Department of Health
- Attend lectures
- Be prepared to participate in work integrated learning (WIL) in shift which include public holidays,weekends and rights in Gauteng Department Hospitals and Clinics as part of the program requirements.
Enquiries:Gauteng Central Selection Centre,tel (011)644 8946
Closing Date:31 December 2019.