A fixed term learnership exists for an unemployed applicant for the pharmacist assistant position at Life Bedford Gardens Hospital starting on the 1st of April 2020 and ending on the 31st of March 2021. The successful applicant will contribute to effective functioning and co-ordination of the Pharmacy and will report to the Senior Pharmacist & Tutor.
- Matric Cetificate with Mathematics and Science
- Must be unemployed at the moment
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational skills are essential, as well as teamwork and strong customer orientation.
- Other competencies required are an ability to work under pressure as part of a team, excellent communication skills and precise and meticulous work
- Service-orientated personality
- All candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be required to write an entrance test.
- All successful candidates will then be interviewed
- Supplying of medication to the wards and theatre on requisitions and assist with
- management of all pharmaceuticals within the hospital under supervision of a pharmacist
- Controlling inventory (ethical and surgical)
- Assisting in aggressively managing dead stock in the hospital
- Stock-take, cycle counts and investigation of variances
- Processing of patient credits
- Replenishing the emergency cupboard
- Unpacking ethical and surgical stock, checking expiries and invoices
- Ensuring that the security protocols are adhered to
- Maintaining high ethical and professional standards
How To Apply?
Closing Date: 18 December 2019