Position: CashierSalary: R179 208 – R245 844 per annum (plus benefits)
- Receive payments from customers, issue receipts and ensure accuracy and balancing of received money
- Ensure that all tasks are performed to highest level of quality standards agreed to with management
- Apply effective systems and data management for effective record keeping as per set standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure that completed work adhere to governance and legislative requirements
- Receive money and scrutinize cheques
- Balance daily cash and compile report
- Balance float
- Handle customer queries
- Water and electricity meter test application
- Change of address
- Report meter problems
- Cheque requisitions
- Print, fax and mail statements
- Application for water leak rebates
- General Counter and Electronic Water and electricity enquiries
- Journalize adjustments on accounts
- Request test readings
- Matric Certificate or relevant equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification
- Minimum of 1-3 Experience
How To Apply?
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.