The Limpopo Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism is committed to supporting education and addressing the skills gaps by offering Scholarship in the field of studies relevant to the core function of the department.
The scholarship scheme is for students who wish to study on a full time basis and priority is given to the following fields of studies:
- ND: Nature Conservation,
- BSc in Environmental Sciences / Environmental Management,
- BSc Hons/Masters in Botany,
- BSc Hons/Masters in Aquatic / Terrestrial Ecology,
- LLB with Environmental Law as major course,
- BCom/ND: Tourism Management,
- ND: Eco Tourism,
- ND: Food operations Management,
- BTech Tourism Management,
- Bachelor/ND: Industrial Engineering.
- ND/BEng Chemical Physical/Process Metallurgy,
- Bachelor/ND Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering,
- Bachelor Local Economic Development & BCom/ND in Business Management/ Entrepreneurship
The scholarship covers Registration & Tuition fees, Accommodation and Meals. To be considered for a scholarship, a student must obtain the minimum requirements for admission to Bachelor’s degree.
Application forms are obtainable from Head Office, 19 Biccard Street, Evridiki Towers (Polokwane) and all departmental district offices i.e. Capricorn, Selchukhune, Mopani, Vhembe, Waterberg and Multipurpose center at the Municipalities and also on departmental website: www.ledet.gov.za.
The application forms should be accompanied by certified copies of the following:
- South African ID
- Grade 12 certificate or Grade 12 mid-year results (if currently in Grade 12)
- Academic Record
- Acceptance letter from reputable tertiary Institution in South Africa
- Payslip of parents/guardian
How to Apply
Duly completed application forms should be forwarded to:
The Director, Human Resource Development, Private Bag X9484, Polokwane, 0700 or Hand Delivered to the Registry offices at the following addresses:
19 Biccard Street,
Office No B1-73, Evridik Towers Building Polokwane
Enquiries: 015 293 8418 / 8387
Building, P/Bag X9681, Giyani 0626
Enquiries: 015 612 0365 / 7402
90 Bok Street, Gani House, Private Bag x9555
Enquiries: 015 297 3839
84 River Street, NTK Building P/Bag X1041, Modimolle 0510
Enquiries: 014 717 1055
Parliamentary Building, Lebowakgomo
015 633 5220 / 5104 / 082 373 0848
Old Parliamentary Building Block E & F.
Private Bag X5088
Enquiries: 015 962 4722
NB: This opportunity is meant for students from Limpopo Province only, especially those who are from previously disadvantaged rural areas.
If you have not received a response from us within eight weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application has not been successful.
CLOSING DATE: 20 DECEMBER 2019