ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock. Mechanical maintenance on TPS, Sulphur plant
- Maintenance on mechanical equipment, first and second line
- Fault finding Inspection of plant equipment
- Comply to all relevant safety standards / codes
- Identify all unsafe conditions and bring under attention of management
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Driver’s license
- National Senior Certificate Matric Gr 12 (with English, Mathematics and Physical Science) / N3 (equivalent to Gr 12 / Matric)
- Qualified Artisan Fitter (NQF4 Sasol or equivalent), Trade test
- Extensive experience after qualifying as artisan
- Mechanical experience
- Rotating equipment experience
- Filter, pumps and valves
- Extensive experience on mechanical maintenance in a Petro Chemical environment
- Experience in Permit RSA
- Willing to work shifts
- Experience/maturity/accountability in accepting permits and supervising others
- KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of basic process of a materials handling plant
- Knowledge of pumps and associated systems
- Experience on heat exchangers
- Experience on High Pressure Equipment’s (would be beneficial)
- Experience on ACID plants (would be beneficial
- Experience on fractionator columns
- Planning experience for shutdowns
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Influential: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Collaborative: Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Functional / Technical
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Willing to do standby duty
- Must have a valid driver’s license (code 10 would be beneficial)
- Computer literate
- Technical Knowledge of trade
- Not afraid of height and confine spaces
- Good physical health
- Good interpersonal relations and leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
How To Apply?
Closing Date:27 November 2019
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (60 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.