The CSIR has a vacancy for a Housekeeper at the CSIR International Convention Centre (ICC). The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily upkeep of the facility, cleanliness of all areas with the key aim of enhancing the customers’ experience and also ensuring the visual and aesthetic quality of the CSIR ICC building and infrastructure is professionally maintained.
- A matric or certificate, or diploma in housekeeping with at least five years’ experience in the same position or similar environment
- Knowledge of linen and cleaning materials
- General housekeeping skills
- Storekeeping skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Plan and implement the cleaning of all internal and external areas of the CSIR ICC including all related administrative requirements
- Plan and coordinate the use of, ordering and storage of cleaning material and consumable stock and equipment
- Ensure all of the Centre’s client facing facilities are presented timeously
- Plan and supervise the work of the daily cleaning team, ad-hoc specialist cleaners and hygiene contractors
- Supervise the laundry function to ensure that required levels of laundered linen stock are maintained
- Identify maintenance requirements (furniture, fittings and facilities), log calls and ensure maintenance work is carried out to the required standard
- Monitor condition of all general equipment and organize maintenance thereof
- Fulfill the duties of Environment, Health and Safety representative for the CSIR ICC
- Receive and dispatch client décor orders, checking quantities and breakage to ensure minimum liability to the CSIR ICC
- Act as custodian of daily upkeep and servicing of staff canteen.