Distell offers exciting opportunities to suitable candidates for potential placement in its Mashing and Distillation departments. This position will be based at the James Sedgwick Distillery in Wellington and willreport to the Process Manager.
The intention for this internship programme is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and require exposure in a work environment or have a prerequisite to have practical work experience before qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 01 February 2020 and terminating on 31 January 2021.
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
- Plant Maintenance
- Plant Operation
- Lab analysis
- Effluent treatment
- Utilities and Facilities
- General administrative assistance
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent academic record and in final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – Chemical Engineering diploma
- Candidates in need of In Service or practical workplace experience.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team
- Driver’s License would be beneficial
- South African citizen
- Reliable means of transport
- Willingness to work overtime during week/weekends
- Must reside or be able to relocate to Wellington
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.