Purpose of the job:
Mechanical maintenance on Rectisol plant
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Required to (work) on the plant with mechanical equipment in accordance to business needs
- Comply with all relevant safety standards / codes
- Identify all unsafe conditions and bring under attention of management.
- Accountable for specific equipment or section of plant with respect to:
- Development, review and updating of Operating philosophies and SOP’s
- Standardization of operating procedures.
- Equipment performance monitoring and improvement.
- Management of critical operating parameters/OWAP and ensuring adherence thereto.
- Ensure execution of asset management strategies of the different disciplines and ensuring that these strategies are properly synchronized.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Driver’s license
- National Senior Certificate with English, Mathematics and Physical Science) / N3 (equivalent to Gr 12 / Matric)
- Qualified Artisan Fitter (NQF4 Sasol or equivalent)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years plant experience. (Wish)
- Mechanical experience: Filters and pumps
- Extensive experience on mechanical maintenance in a Petro Chemical environment
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Influential: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Collaborative: Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Functional / Technical
- Preventative maintenance
- Maintain housekeeping while working at all the time
- Perform standby duties
- Acting as a foreman
- Complete job card
- Experience/maturity/accountability in accepting permits and supervising others
- Permit to work procedure
- Identify and report defects
- Good physical health
- Good interpersonal relations and leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Willing to do standby duty
- Must have a valid driver’s license (code 10 would be beneficial)
- Computer literate
- Technical Knowledge of trade
How To Apply?
Closing date:20 November 2019
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (60 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.