Job Advert Summary
We are looking for an MCSE qualified I.T. Support Technician to carry out Field Service based I.T. Support in Western Cape and surrounding area’s as well as some travel within Southern African regions. Please see the job specifications below for more details.
• Must have minimum of Matric and A+ and N+ qualifications and MCSA / MCSE Cert.
• Strong knowledge and experience of Active Directory administration.
• Good HP / Dell Desktop, Notebook and Server product knowledge.
• Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft operating systems and office suites.
• Good knowledge and experience of TCP/IP networks including LAN and various WAN technologies including Copper, Wireless and Satellite.
• Candidate must have his / her own reliable transport.
• Candidate must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Candidate must be responsible and energetic and able to work as part of a team.
• Must have own reliable transport
• I.T. Support will be responsible for areas in Western Cape and surrounding areas as well as some travel within Southern African regions.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Desktop support in a Microsoft environment including hardware, software and printers both on-site and remotely to an allocated portion of sites and users from a domain of over 1500 users and over 150 sites.
• LAN / WAN support, troubleshooting and monitoring.
• Active Directory maintenance and administration.
• File Server maintenance including backup’s and NTFS administration.
• Procurement of IT equipment including quoting, ordering, setup, delivery and installation in line with company standards.
• Setup and support for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Office 2003 and Office 2007 including Exchange client setup and troubleshooting
How To Apply?
Closing Date:18 November 2019
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.