Business Unit / Group Function:De Beers Group
Work type:Full Time Permanent
The De Beers Group has an opportunity for a motivated and energetic individual to join the Site Services Department at the Gahcho Kué Mine located in the Northwest Territories. Reporting to the Site Services Supervisor, and working a two (2) weeks in / two (2) weeks out rotation the incumbent will be involved in the safe repair and maintenance of site HVAC and refrigeration systems, as well as any other tasks as outlined by the site services supervisor. The ideal candidate will be one who enjoys multitasking, is results oriented and is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
What the Role Entails:
- Works with team to conduct job risk assessment and safe work plans;
- Report all incidents, near misses and unsafe working conditions to Supervisor;
- Perform all duties adhering to safety and participate in shop safety program and tool box talks;
- Install, assemble, troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and their components;
- Diagnose and repair issues with commercial Chillers, Cooling Towers, A/C systems, MUA’s, RTU’s, Hydronic Equipment and other related equipment;
- Recharge systems with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate systems and perform routine maintenance;
- Read and interpret blueprints and designs;
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance;
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation; and
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
What you Need for this Role:
- Certified Journeyman or Red Seal in HVAC, Air-conditioning and Refrigeration with a minimum of 5 years of work experience;
- Working knowledge of refrigerant systems and make-up air units;
- Knowledge of computer diagnostics systems (Automation);
- Ability to problem-solve, organize and multi-task;
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing w strong interpersonal skill; and
- Ability to work well independently and within a diverse team.
Beneficial If You Have:
- Experience with oil burners
- Experience with kitchen equipment repair
- Experience in air balancing with HVAC systems
How To Apply?